Tell us your idea!

Media Center Extender Support

Please add Windows Media Center Extender functionality! (as we had with the 360)

15,343 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jared PickerellJared Pickerell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Cameron, please acknowledge the Media Center Extender thread and pass it along!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Xbox one Beta  ·   · 
    TorbenTorben shared a merged idea: Merge Microsoft Medie Center into the XBox  ·   · 
    FelipeFelipe shared a merged idea: Biggest Music app  ·   · 
    mattmatt shared a merged idea: Just make a little bitty App for Xbox one to access Media Center  ·   · 
    Mark EisenbergMark Eisenberg shared a merged idea: Add WiFi control of Windows Media Center a la Ceton myMediaCenter  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Bring back media center!!  ·   · 
    jrjr shared a merged idea: Make XBox One as its own media center  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Being able to use XBMC as media center  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Media Center Extender  ·   · 
    LikeThePotentialLikeThePotential shared a merged idea: Make HD Home Run Prime a "Cable Box" Option  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Make streaming easier  ·   · 

621 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that you have the 360 emulator running on the Xbox One, it should be pretty straight forward to get the wmc extender app working. Please!!!!!!!!!

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can not understand why Ms would not listen to the consumer. We want mce on the xbox one. But then again they may just want anther lost decade!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And it's dead. Good job MSFT. Before uservoice, we merely thought you ignored customer feedback. Now we know for certain. Please remove the insulting 'under review' tag.

As a stockholder(MSFT), and potential XB1 and Win10 subscriber, I would like to throw in my vote for WMCex(XB1), and WMC(Win10). Many people wnat to avoid use of a cable provided DVR, and have the abilty to share tuners/DVR content household wide. A serious financial cost analysis needs to be applied to these features, one that gets the true demand of the many loyal windows media center customers.

why isnt this in the xbox one yet?????????? seriously 1 year under review? screw being able to take a screen shot with my voice i want to watch my drm record once stuff in more than one room in my house without relying on the dated 360

• Give the ppl what they want!Give the ppl what they want! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I check this page everyday! I would upgrade the 3 Xbox 360 s in my house tomorrow if you just ported the app over. I understand you want to sell SLING TV subscriptions instead but I would prefer the functionality I already paid for!!!!!!!!!!!!

• jayjay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you have any idea how many boxes would be sold just because you add WMC extender!!!! I am looking in other solutions to meet my need. 14,000+ votes and over a year under review.

• keep up!keep up! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 3 Xbox 360s I would upgrade but this functionality is PREVENTING me from doing so! This was the only reason I switched from PS. You also need to again update wmc for windows PC. Give the customers what they want Microsoft!

• Joe SivulkaJoe Sivulka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have four Xbox 360s with an InfiniTV 6 tuner and 8TB of storage, for a wife and three kids. I would gladly abandon the 360's to buy four Xbox Ones, but not until they can function as an extender. I realize my words have little weight for a company the size of Microsoft, but if there's even one small ear to the ground, lets hope they hear our cries for One extender support!

• Kevin KroppKevin Kropp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without Extender support i have no use to purchase an xbox one when 99% on my overall use for my 360's has been purely as an extender. This is the key item that made the system great and without it i refuse to buy an xbox one as it is a step backward

• Jim Fox Jim Fox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This sounds like progress on the Windows Media Center front. Like many others in this thread, I won't move to Xbox One or Windows 10 unless WMC Extender is on the Xbox One and WMC is part of Windows 10. If it happens I'll buy both immediately.

• Richard GuntherRichard Gunther commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why was this merged with Make Streaming Media Easier?

To anyone at Microsoft listening: Make Streaming Media Easier was about making it easier to play content from around your network (not through some terrible DLNA interface). Media Center Extender support is about making a Media Center Extender app for the Xbox One.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32

Feedback and Knowledge Base