Tell us your idea!

Media Center Extender Support

Please add Windows Media Center Extender functionality! (as we had with the 360)

13,359 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jared PickerellJared Pickerell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    mattmatt shared a merged idea: Just make a little bitty App for Xbox one to access Media Center  ·   · 
    Mark EisenbergMark Eisenberg shared a merged idea: Add WiFi control of Windows Media Center a la Ceton myMediaCenter  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Bring back media center!!  ·   · 
    jrjr shared a merged idea: Make XBox One as its own media center  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Being able to use XBMC as media center  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Media Center Extender  ·   · 
    LikeThePotentialLikeThePotential shared a merged idea: Make HD Home Run Prime a "Cable Box" Option  ·   · 

543 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Almost bought an Xbox One today. Then I realized there is no support for WMC or streaming from CableCARD products (HD Homerun/Ceton). So, I'll stick with my NUC until this is changed.

• IzodIzod commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have 2 X360s we would replace if WMCE support was added. Unfortunately as it stands we cannot and will not upgrade without WMCE support.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would honestly pay $60USD for a media center app for the xbox one. I would pay $100USB if it included voice command support. I understand the media center tech was to complicated for the mainstream but MS would still make a profit selling to everyone on this board and the thousands of others who did not bother to post.

• deftdf erterdeftdf erter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just found out that I cant access my pc for media extender , returning my xbox one as well ... back to playstation I guess

Seriously this really sucks...no Media Center Extender. Looks like I will be bringing back the Xbox one and setting my Xbox 360 back up. Check this out you cant even hang the Xbox one Kinect upside down under the TV like you could with the 360 because you cant flip the video. The Xbox One is useless to me.

• ckscks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

finally got an xbox one and can't believe it doesn't support windows media center. shocked and pissed it doesn't work as extender. would happily pay for the app, wife won't let me keep both by tv and one that plays tv is going to win

• Byron AddisonByron Addison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it is crazy not to have mce support in xbox one. What were they thinking. I will send back to store if they do not get it working.

• Sean GrimesSean Grimes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! My wife and I are considering the Xbox One for my son for Christmas. I was shocked to learn that the Xbox One does not have WMC. Come on Microsoft, you can do better than that!

Nothing replaces Windows Media Center. I have three xbox 360s I would like to upgrade to xbox ones, but without media center, I can't do it.

• ShaunShaun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Under review since Jan 13 2014? I guess this will not happen then. Shame.

• JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with these other folks that Xbox One should add Media Center Extender Support. Microsoft already killed off after market Media Center Extender Support in the Windows 8 family and an app like this should be an easy transfer from the Xbox 360. I started to use Windows Media Center back in the Vista era and continue to do so today with Windows 8.1. It’s an easy software package to use and spouse tech friendly which is important to continue my tech projects. I’m glad Windows 10 is also going to add mkv support like the Xbox One and hope Microsoft continues to support the Media Center pack in Windows 10. Microsoft has already invested the capital into getting the software Cable Labs certified and you would think they would continue to do so. If anything Microsoft could market the Media Center pack as a DVR / media server for the Xbox One. It’s not like there is much competition in the Cable Labs certified PC software. And until Microsoft adds Media Center Extender Support I’ll hold off on purchasing Xbox One’s to mate to my home TV’s.

• OscarOscar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also have a couple of Xbox 360s that I would like to replace with Xbox One, but cannot unless it supports MCE, that is more than half the use I get from them. Switching to Tivo is too expensive. I prefer to stay on 360 until this is addressed.

• JeffJeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would not buy an xbox one if it did not have this functionality. I thought about getting one during Black Friday / Cyber monday, but can't justify it without this options. I have been using media center since xp mce edition and LOVE it. We need a good reliable extender and the xbox one seems like it should fit the bill, but it doesn't.. not happy

Media Center isn't dead! Please bring the functionality of the extender into the current gen. I have to use other software to get my TV watching fix currently.

I was about to purchase a Xbox One bundle until I found that it does not have have the Media Center Extender. Deal killer. I'll definitely reconsider if this feature is added.

• Gabriel CaballeroGabriel Caballero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks god I google about this just in time. I just ordered an Xbox One Assassin's Creed Unity Bundle for christmas from amazon with a limited time offer of 12 months live gold subscriptions and 2 free crappy games. When I finish writing this comment I will to to amazon and cancel that order before they ship it. No MCE support, no Xbox for me. I currently have 2 xbox 360 extenders in my home, I probably buy 2 more used xbox 360 and a PS4.

I have 4 360s used as extenders. I was about to purchase some new XB1s to replace them, but won't be giving you my money now. Fix this and you might sell to a large segment of the market that is waiting on this one feature.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28

Feedback and Knowledge Base