Tell us your idea!

I would love to get a subscription service for video!!!

Like Netflix, I would love to pay a flat fee for all-you-can-consume video service

775 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tim KTim K shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would definitely pay for this. Amazon is doing with Prime, Netflix is obvious. HBO is going to let their content be accessible outside of cable, presumably with a subscription plan.

I realize the movies Xbox has would require a higher price than the bargain price Netflix charge, but then again you see that in their content.

I'd be willing to pay much more for Xbox Video than Netflix.

• HaydenHayden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox video has so many good things going for it. I enjoy the service but $7 to rent a video.... Come on man.. Make it a subscription based service. Leave the ability to purchase to own content and make sure that content can be downloaded to play offline. If Microsoft could do this and KEEP the good content it has available on xbox video I would cancel Netflix and Hulu and maybe call directv and tell them to sit on it and spin. $30-$50 a month I would do it in a heartbeat. There's so much money to be made in this. $5millionish xbox ones out there.... More will be out there in the future... You guys could make a killing and make people flock to the xbox brand. Do it please or some iteration of it at least..

• Brian VickersBrian Vickers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a nice addition to Xbox Music. I think Xbox should go for the more "premium route" in comparison to Netflix. An Xbox Movie Pass for $20-30 per month and an Xbox TV Pass for $35-50 per month would definitely be awesome as long as it had a lot of content (hopefully every content provider would get on board), offline support, live TV support (local news, news, etc.), and reasonably priced sports packages. If Microsoft has to charge a premium fee to upgrade to HBO and other more premium channels then so be it as long as its reasonably priced and available. Netflix provides so much more value than traditional tv for a fraction of the cost. The only problem is that it doesn't have a vast selection of new/premium content. Charging more money could fix that.

• JaromirJaromir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please, make this happen!!! Lot of people are forced to pirate movies (because of lack of service which can bring all series for reasonable price and also with subtitles - English/maybe ability to load .srt)

• Juris StabiņšJuris Stabiņš commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox Video Pass would be a great feature and companion to Xbox Music Pass. I definitely want to see this feature and would most certainly subscribe if the prices were on-par with what competitors can offer.

• Tyler WassonTyler Wasson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love this idea, the whole reason I came to this site. Enjoy the Amazon.com video streaming subscription service but purchase all my movies from Xbox. Would love to Xbox with the best of both worlds. Another feature I like on Amazon video service is the ability to add a movie to your watch list whether you own it or not.

• Ismael Martinez JimenezIsmael Martinez Jimenez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% agree. This is a necessary carasteristica the truth. Even be able to join various Rubik type Xbox Music, Xbox Video and Xbox Gold. I paid happy, now leaves more profitable other app like for example Wuaki.TV

+1 Agree now :D

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, buying certain channels that we want instead of the bundled crape Sky (UK) gives us would make the One a mega valuable purchase.

It would be so perfect if I could simply purchase Sky Atlantic (UK version of HBO), Syfy, Sky 1 and the other channels I watch shows from.

On demand is the future, MS needs to get on this immediately.

• Nathan WeaverNathan Weaver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the one of the biggest things I really, really want for XBOX Video. It's a great service, really like what you have going. But would love to see a Subscription model that was the same as your Music model. One payment gives you access to all content. I recognize this formula would be a hard one to get, because no one in the industry currently has it. Usually, it's subscription gets you some stuff (mostly older or unpopular) and you have to rent/buy stuff that is new. But I would love to see something very similar to the XBOX Music setup. Simply pay one fee, have access to all, and ability for offline viewing to boot (like I can with XBOX Music on Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8). It would be a killer model, but even if you couldn't do that and could only do a model similar to Redbox Instant (subscription/rent/buy), I would be game for that as well. The streaming is top notch, even on my lousy home connection which often runs between 200-500kbps.

• raprooraproo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

man if you guys could give us feeds to only the channels we want. like an a la carte cable it would truly make the One stand out. I'd jump right on HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Nat Geo, Discovery, SyFy, and probably a few more. It'd have to be WAY less than cable/sat fees for subscribing per channel to the premiums though. Something on the order of $1-3/channel... GenNuWine makes a good point to, if you added video to the $20/mo music pass we'd sign up, both of these ideas would need to be shareable within the family though. not per gamertag like it is now. so that anyone with the right login info can stream to their phone, computer, or xbox signed in as themselves.

• GenNuWineGenNuWine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ouch @ $20 a month, and doesn't matter. A subscription would be nice but I'd like to have it combined. I'm not aware of anyone offering a subscription that includes music and video. I already have a music pass, adding video to it would be great. Kind of like Amazon did with Prime. I got it for the 2 day shipping and then later I was able to start watching movies, TV shows, and had free online storage space. If Amazon can add to a service I'm already paying for, I'm sure Microsoft can also. :-)

• Lucas KrämerLucas Krämer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be very great! Like the Xbox Music Pass you should do a Xbox Video Pass. Flatrate for all Movies and Series! If I can watch the newest Episodes of my favorite series I would pay 20$ / Month :D Doesn't matter!

Feedback and Knowledge Base