Tell us your idea!

Watch movies in their original language

I have a lot of friends and family who live in Germany and love to watch movies in their original language. They are not using Xbox Video mainly because it does not give them an option to watch an English movie in English, as they only get the German dubbed version. To give an option to switch from the dubbed version to the original language would be fantastic!

264 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 here. The only reason why i don´t use the xbox video is because all movies are dubbed. Writing from spain, by way. :)

• SteffenSteffen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must-have before I even consider using XBox Video. Even better would be a free choice of language.

• FreoniusFreonius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Won't buy anything until this is fixed, mainly because dubbed movies/tv-shows are a crime. Also: please, please, pretty please, stop auto-translating MSDN tech pages... I know, it's not really relevant to Xbox Video, but it's relevant to language, so, if one of you Xbox guys see someone from MSDN in the hall, could you please tell them; in latin.

• PeterPeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to view movies in any available language.
        Why limit the user?
        Maybe someone wants to learn another language

• mikel diezmikel diez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't buy any movie on xbox video because of this. I won't pay the same price as the physical version and not obtain the same value.

• VincentVincent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely something to add, I choose different language usually at home depending on who is watching it with me.

• regisregis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Just tries to watch french version of scarface and the movie was completely destroyed. Wasted 9$...

• TiborTibor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be an option to change the spoken language when watching a purchased movie. As the movies are pretty expansive, there are little possibilities regarding language compared to Blu-ray or DVD...

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being married to an American but living in Germany, English or Original language is a must for us when it comes to movies. Since Xbox Video is still not offering this, we have to rent movies from Apple, Amazon or Maxdome instead. Another problem (besides the missing oneguide and DLNA functionality) that makes my Xbox One pretty much useless.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I speak German, and want to switch between the German and English audio and subtitles at will. Why should I pay twice for the same movie, just for a second audio track? Just charge 50¢ for the extra track.

• Mats PerssonMats Persson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree!! I always want to watch movies in english but the app forces me to watch them in swedish. Terrible!
        I want to be able to choose what language i want for the subtitles as well.

• AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can only agree to the existing comments!
        Probably is one of the most important things, as many of my friends and colleagues (+myself) watch movies and TV Shows in OV.
        Would be SO nice to have this :-)

• Bernd SonderhüskenBernd Sonderhüsken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important Feature. I almost watch all my movies and tv series in OV. Filtering Content for language would be helpful then.

• FlorianFlorian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great Idea, I should be able to choose If i'd like to watch in OV. Also filtering TV Shows and Movies by language would be nice. Keep up the great work!

Feedback and Knowledge Base