Tell us your idea!

Allow more video formats to be compatible

Would be nice to be able to use my xbox as a media device more, its hard to find some shows in .avi

1,586 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: allow alterative video codecs like MPEG-2, DivX, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3 etc.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Pour une console next gen,j ai une idée.pourvoir lire du contenu multimédia,bon je sais c est un peu dure à faire mais c est l avenir  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: 增加支援影片副檔名種類  ·   · 

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SeikenshinSeikenshin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've converted all my mp4s to MKV for better tagging and custom subtitle streams, so this would be awesome.

• mohammedmohammed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MKV please , I'm bagging , I'm using Lumina 2520 and surface 2 and I'm stuck not able to play my files , please

• AaronAaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gonna +1 .mkv as well. Give us .mkv support, and I will swear by Xbox Video for the rest of my life!

• leadpoizonleadpoizon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multi-Subtitle and Multi-audio needs to be supported with container formats such as .mkv and .ogm.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to convert my video footage into .mp4 formats as it's most useful for all of my devices. I can easily share them with family (reunion was a hit) - but some friends and family members send other formats and honestly it's kind of a pain to spend the time to convert them.

Please make more file formats available to play, and accept industry standard audio encoding.

• Todd SieberTodd Sieber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

.MKV support, but alas I don't see it coming as they would rather have you purchase "digital" copies instead since I would assume their thoughts are .mkv's are pirated movies.

• EnnioEnnio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah it would be greath if we could watch .mkv movie in Xbox video app on Windows 8.1 and then just go on Devices->Play->Xbox

Feedback and Knowledge Base