Tell us your idea!

Make streaming easier

On the 360 media Center worked really well now on the one is like a step backwards bring back media Center, how can I stream movies and music while looking at pics from my PC on the Xbox One?

853 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Bring back DLNA streaming  ·   · 
    timtim shared a merged idea: please just add the same amount of functionality the xbox 360 had!  ·   · 
    milesmiles shared a merged idea: Push content from PC app  ·   · 

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I loved the dlna support on the 360 for this, not even having to open up media center to view , video music or photos.

• Joseph LienJoseph Lien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just make it happen..... It was something that made the 360 so great..... Its not the center of my entertainment when I still have to use my 360.....

• Tony MCPTony MCP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought an XBOX 360 last year solely to use as a MCE. I never played a game on it, and never will. The code is written, just release it.

Thank you.

• Rovert AlaifRovert Alaif commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add me to the many that are asking for this feature to be brought back, and added to XB1.

I have 3 360s in my house, and was going to replace two of those with new XB1s until I found this info out. What a sad joke to all of us that have adapted, and pushed others over to WMC using a simple PC and extenders.

MS is loosing out on current and new customers because they didn't actually integrate tv, they just created a pass through with a fancy and useless interface. The real "ONE" would have been just like the 360, but with better hardware...

• Rob DymondRob Dymond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm afraid I really want an Xbox One, but am not sure it's right for my family unless the Media Center extender or some approximation is built in. I only bought a 360 when my other extender was playing up and I learned that the 360 did a better job. I'd like to replace my HTPC in the living room with an Xbox One, but I must be able to pull my picture collection, home videos, recorded TV, Movie Collection, my Music collection, and a picture screen saver from a PC on my network. This would make the X1 what I presumed it would be when I heard the marketing. If I could control all that with my Windows Phone and Surface, even better!

• Tony VTony V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree and love that I have made my 360 in to an all in one (pardon the pun) media gaming machine in my family room. Yes, the gaming is great and my family enjoys it a lot, the apps are terrific and add great video and other Internet options, but Windows Media Center gave me unmatched personal media availability ... Photos, Music, Videos, and best of all Recorded TV timeshifting at no more cost than the PC I already have running it. Not being part of Xbox One is the exact reason for me not owning one, even with all the other new features. Microsoft, what you need to do is bring WMC back to the Xbox and honestly it's time to throw in a face lift.

• Aaron KampAaron Kamp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of Windows Media Center Extender capabilities are the sole reason I'm not upgrading my 360 to the One.

• raprooraproo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just bring back the ability to connect pc's on the home network sharing media, just like it was on the 360. we used to put on family slideshows on one 360 while the other 360 played music at the holidays and now we can't unless we go back... if i'm gonna go back to get the media i want, why have a one at all? if it wants to be in the center stage in our house like the 360 was it needs to merge our existing windows based media server and media center pc with our surfaces and laptops and our tv and streaming services... so far you don't support the input for our antenna and we can't get to our WMC machine (we refuse to pay for cable/sat ever again) so the one is less useful than the 360s in our home since basically all it can do is stream sometimes (we don't have a strong enough connection to do 1080p 24/7/365) and play games... oh and make sure you have mp4 support for subtitles, sometimes the baby sleeps and we still want to watch something...

Feedback and Knowledge Base