Tell us your idea!

Media Center Extender Support

Please add Windows Media Center Extender functionality! (as we had with the 360)

11,937 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jared PickerellJared Pickerell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    mattmatt shared a merged idea: Just make a little bitty App for Xbox one to access Media Center  ·   · 
    Mark EisenbergMark Eisenberg shared a merged idea: Add WiFi control of Windows Media Center a la Ceton myMediaCenter  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Bring back media center!!  ·   · 
    jrjr shared a merged idea: Make XBox One as its own media center  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Being able to use XBMC as media center  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Media Center Extender  ·   · 

453 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My 4 xbox 360's (and multiple Win 7 / 8 PCs) all access content from my MCE box (and Windows Home Server). It's a shame that my wife laments that the Xbox One in the living room is one of the least used devices we own. An MCE app on the Xbox One would rocket it up to number one used device.

• Eddie ThompsonEddie Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm running three xbox 360's as extenders and would like to use my new Xbox one for TV. Also, I would buy another XB1 for TV. Tell someone to listen to use and stop ignoring us!

My wife wanted to purchase an XBOX One to replace our XBOX 360 for Christmas for the kids as the XBOX one games have better reviews. Unfortunately as we use the XBOX 360 as a Media extender to play back recorded TV we are unable to replace it. Surely MS it can't be difficult to make the XBOX one a Media center extender. I'm willing to pay for this additional functionality!

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would not buy this product if it was not a Windows Media Center Extender.

• Giacomo LynchGiacomo Lynch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its absurd that I have to stream my 360 into my XboxOne in my main entertainment area.

I exclusively use MCE in my entire home with 5 TV's. It is unfathomable to me that XboxOne doesn't support Microsoft's own outstanding MCE solution.

This needs to be sent up the chain.

How come somebody made a decision that this is not needed! The same was done with Windows Home Server.

I have been a avid MCX user on my XBOX 360.

No MCX on X1 is preventing me to buy X1. Hope you guys understand...

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lets just say we got X-BONED! The MODS won't even acknowledge us regardless of being the most voted for option! Uservoice......yeah. More like user SILENCED! Thanks for X-BONING US ALL!

• GarethGareth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My home uses MCE as the primary "live TV' and media distribution method. I have five Xbox 360's in my house - one for gaming and the other four run as media centre extenders. My Home Theatre PC runs Windows 7 with MCE, and has four digital TV tuner cards installed. Over here in Australia, over-the-air digital TV is the main way we watch TV, so MCE is *perfect* for this.

So my HTPC with its quad tuners and storage space is the way we distribute live TV throughout the house. The four Xbox 360's connect to the HTPC and let anyone watch/record TV, or watch movies in the media libraries.

It's absolutely perfect. MS don't need to improve MCE if they don't want to - all they need to do is port it:

- Windows 8 (all editions, I believe it's just for Pro as an add-on?)
        - Windows 10
        - Xbox One

Hell, port it to mobile platforms too so I can steam live TV from my HTPC to my phone!

As it stands, my HTPC will be running Windows 7 for a loooooong time to come (until it's no longer supported), and I'll be using the 360's for as long as I can buy replacements for them.

Come on MS, get this sorted out please. :) MCE seems to be the best OTA digital TV system available...

• Joe SivulkaJoe Sivulka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similar to others in this forum, I have three Xbox 360s, all acting as extenders. I use a Cablecard with a Ceton InfiniTV PCI card and it's a perfect setup. I would LOVE to upgrade each room to the Xbox One but if Media Center never becomes an option, I'll stick with the 360 until it's no longer feasible, and then it's on to the next great thing. As someone else said, Microsoft had a potential gold mine (I know all of my friends as well as my wife's friends were all amazed at what Media Center and the 360 could do) but they're slowly letting it slip away. We can only hope that they have a plan, unbeknownst to us, that will be even better than what we currently have.

• Roger mayburyRoger maybury commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have four xbox 360s. The only reason i still havent bought a single xbox one is the lack of media center extender support.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No update Tim....we can't even get the Moderators to acknowledge this threads existence even though it has the MOST votes of any feature on this forum! Horrible customer service to not even say "hey, that's a good idea, I will pass this to the team...." .

please add it! (people have multiple boxes as extenders, primarily as cable box replacements)

• hysonmbhysonmb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS has neglected the Media Center for a while now and its disappointing. Here's another area where they had a great product years ahead of the competition and are letting it fall by the wayside. Just like they went dormant on the phone market until everyone else got a foothold, it seems the Media Center will be the next great idea lost to lack of interest by MS. Anyway, I had high hopes of the One actually coming with all off the features the 360 has, to include the MCE, and unfortunately that didn't happen.

Just keeping this alive. I just bought an Xbox One, figuring there had to be a timeline for mce. I should I be returning it for a PS4. It has the same or better functionality and more users that I actually know. No disrespect to xbox users.

• DenusDenus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's coming soon, be patient and play the games till then.

And nobody gives a f#ck that you have 3 or 6 Xbox 360 in your house, but I just wonder.... WHY?

MS has simply lost touch with their customer base. We need a replacement for all MS products so they can retire.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23

Feedback and Knowledge Base