Tell us your idea!

Media Center Extender Support

Please add Windows Media Center Extender functionality! (as we had with the 360)

10,224 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jared PickerellJared Pickerell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    mattmatt shared a merged idea: Just make a little bitty App for Xbox one to access Media Center  ·   · 
    Mark EisenbergMark Eisenberg shared a merged idea: Add WiFi control of Windows Media Center a la Ceton myMediaCenter  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Bring back media center!!  ·   · 
    jrjr shared a merged idea: Make XBox One as its own media center  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Being able to use XBMC as media center  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Media Center Extender  ·   · 

369 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MarcMarc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gonna add my 2 cents worth as well, WILL NOT purchase an XBOX One until there is Media Center Extender support. I have 2 360s and both are used mainly for MCE come on Microsoft!!

• Roger BryantRoger Bryant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have Xbox 360 in every room as our main source for TV because of the MCE. I have no reason or desire to purchase xbox One that has no MCE or over the air tuner support. Seems like cable/dish companies now have MS in their back pocket

• Brian RemiteBrian Remite commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, why this feature was left out is completely mind-boggling! If Microsoft really wants this to be the ONE box to rule them all, then why leave out MCE capability! I'd love to watch blu-rays, Netflix, Amazon, Recorded TV AND local files all on the Xbox One! The 360 was all this BUT the blu-ray, I thought the Xbox One would be the saving grace, but what a disappointment!

• igorigor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we are on 2014 now and the Xbox One can not connect to Windows Media Center, why? Please explain?

• Kevin RushKevin Rush commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows Media Center is an amazing solution that scales from one computer to the entire whole house media distribution system for movies, pictures, music, live TV, streaming internet media (Netflix, ...) and is a DVR stored on your hard drive. I don't know why Microsoft doesn't promote it? The only thing it needs is a Ceton tuner with 4 or 6 tuners (replaces the cable box rental for protected cable TV HD content) and the Media Center Extenders for each TV in the house that wants access to all the content. I have Xbox 360 as Extenders on each TV. I'll never get an Xbox One unless it has Media Center Extender features just like the Xbox 360.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like others, we have multiple XBox 360s (3) in the house and they are 95% used for TV via MCX and 5% for gaming - we will not upgrade to the XBox One without MCX support. The MCX experience is simply so much better than a satellite or cable box and I will never have another leased/monthly fee based set-top box in the house again. I'm sure that MS didn't port MCX because they think that broadcast TV and the DVR are going away. Yeah right, maybe a decade from now. Or two.

• GregGreg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want an Xbox One for my Living room, but I use Media Center Extender religiously. PLEEEEESSSE build an app for Xbox One (and Windows 8.1 too)

• Sean DuphilySean Duphily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guess I'll add my $0.02... not at all impressed with the brainiacs that thought it would be a good idea to remove MCE. I will not be replacing any of my 6 Xbox 360s with an Xbox One until there is some sort of MCE support. Some enhancements would be a plus.

MCE is the primary thing I used my xbox 360 for. When I bought the One I was looking forward to the improvements in MCE. Not including this has my One gathering dust since I went back to the 360. If the One does not get this in the next few months I will sell it on ebay and buy the PS4.

• Steve SmithSteve Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just got an xbox one because I naturally assumed it could do windows media center extender. I am disappointed it can not. I was going to get a ps4 but I wanted to make my wife happy with a complete system that integrates with cetons products. I now was told to return the xbox one. Microsoft if you want to be Bold and Ambitious like Nadella wants here a great place to start.

• Wayne De NardiWayne De Nardi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Long time Media Centre user. XP->Vista->7->8.1. Multiple 360s as extenders. Would really love it in the new XOne too.

• Luke MulerLuke Muler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add MCE to xbox one... please... i beg of you, on behalf of all humanity it would seem, PLEASE ADD MCE TO XBOX ONE!!!

• RsRs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Under review? You had a far less powerful device with slow wifi for years doing this. You push 8.1 media center. You push xb1 as a whole media solution. Then you cut the most basic feature. What's wrong with this team. The xbox is as of yet a beta box for me at least repeatedly crashing lacking DVR integration (to work with not be one) and no extender. Which of the blimd are leading the rest on the crash that is the xbox 1 maybe I'm inside a return window.

• Ed PresuttiEd Presutti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As with many others, I have an investment in Media Center and Xbox 360. They work great together and I couldn't be happier. 12 tuners via 2x Ceton InfiniTV ETH6 + 3 Xbox 360s here.

I'd gladly go to XB1 if it had MCE. Make it happen guys, it's worth porting the code. (And hey, while you're at it, do some improvements in MCE to remind everyone why it's the best PVR platform)

I have 3 XB360s I use for gaming and WMC, and was planning on upgrading at least one to Xbox One until I found out WMC Extender is not supported, will not buy one unless it is supported.

• StobrawaStobrawa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Owner of three xbox 360's. Will not purchase an xbox one until Microsoft is committed to preserving the Media Center experience through the xbox one and future versions of Windows.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19

Feedback and Knowledge Base