Tell us your idea!

Media Center Extender Support

Please add Windows Media Center Extender functionality! (as we had with the 360)

12,862 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jared PickerellJared Pickerell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    mattmatt shared a merged idea: Just make a little bitty App for Xbox one to access Media Center  ·   · 
    Mark EisenbergMark Eisenberg shared a merged idea: Add WiFi control of Windows Media Center a la Ceton myMediaCenter  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Bring back media center!!  ·   · 
    jrjr shared a merged idea: Make XBox One as its own media center  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Being able to use XBMC as media center  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Media Center Extender  ·   · 
    LikeThePotentialLikeThePotential shared a merged idea: Make HD Home Run Prime a "Cable Box" Option  ·   · 

510 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wonder exactly why Microsoft is both avoiding this and stopping outsiders from making it happen. Is it possible that big cable companies or electronic manufacturers are causing this fiasco?

• Peter carlePeter carle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft - My 360 units are getting old but i would replace them in a heartbeat IF you would add extender capability to the xbox one.

So amazing. Microsoft does not respond to the highest requested idea. I am with Jdubalya. I just got my Xbox one last night. Learned of the lack of media center support. I am speechless. Probably going to return my console to Costco. HOW CAN MS CLAIM THIS CONSOLE IS MEDIA-CENTRIC WHEN IT CAN'T PLAY FILES CREATED IN WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER. I am disappointed.

I will buy four xbox one consoles to replace my four xbox 360 consoles once you enable media center extender capability.

• JdubalyaJdubalya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just purchased a Xbox one and was very upset to see that MCE did not exist.
        I will be returning it and going back to a PC. If MS brings back MCE, I will repurchase.

• John YokimJohn Yokim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox 360 gets the lion share of the usage in my house due to the lack of MCE support in Xbox One. Would likely buy 2-3 more Xbox Ones if it natively support MCE.

• Ken TannerKen Tanner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Over the years I’ve purchased 7 xboxes, three original Xboxes and four Xbox 360’s (two of which include Kinect). While I used them initially for gaming my use change significantly as an entertainment device primarily as a MCE, for Windows Media Center. I know there are hacks for running MCE in XB1 but Microsoft doesn’t support it natively, like it does on Xbox 360. How unfortunate! The day MSFT supports MCE on Xbox One is the day I purchase one or two.

Given the number of votes here I can't believe this is still "under review"?!?!?

• Jay SchaabJay Schaab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will start buying up 360's - not use for gaming - but to keep as extenders. Currently have 5 and would have gradually replaced and kept my kids in your ecosystem but I am quickly becoming an ex-Xbox fan. My son asked for a PS4 this year and I would have talked him into an Xbox One but you've given me no reason to.

Well, Under Review is a positive sign, but the outcome needs to be 'Ok, we'll add it'. Microsoft is really missing the boat on this one as it's a sell to the non-cord cutters (AKA a much wider audience). Work with the cable companies to make the XBOX a replacement cable box, add media center support as the interface, and you've got an industry killer device!

• Luis G. CabezasLuis G. Cabezas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow! How many more votes does it need? It's been so long since this has been suggested. Pass this all the way to the CEO! We need this feature and people still use it! Support it properly! Specially since we now have to pay for it! Come on MS!

• Marco VaschettoMarco Vaschetto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox one as extender is needed!

or implement a support to scraper and nas to mount it.... because dlna are nice but not organizative as a media center.

I have 5 xbox 360 that I use to stream media center from my win 7 box, I wanted a xbox one until I learned this feature does not work

• dmitridmitri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is actually beyond pathetic... I just got Xbox one and going to return it tomorrow. As long as it doesn't support this feature Xbox 360 it is.

Microsoft, i am really disappointed...

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So pathetic that we are still waiting for this :( come on Microsoft do this yourself or let a third party do it for you.

• JarlaxJarlax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just took the time to search for this topic out of no where on your forum to simply say I was AMAZED when it wasn't there at launch, I have a quad digital cable tuner card in my Windows PC Microsoft, and want to stream channels over my home network.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It makes me wonder how many votes does something need before MSFT responds? I think this is just created so users can vent off, but they add features based on their own timeline and in-house priorities. Come on MSFT, you are behind Sony for a reason, try harder!

• Dustin hofertDustin hofert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But to go to apple or Playstation media extender isn't fixed asap I love Microsoft but this propietary bs is Goin to far. You guys got a great product but it seems like yall are shooting yourselives in the foot and dropping the ball at the 5 yard line. I would like Siriusxm support on it also. Don't be greedy sleaze balls and allow media extension support if you build it they will come. You guys need to fire some of the people with a collar in there. Ships getting gross!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26

Feedback and Knowledge Base