Tell us your idea!

Media Center Extender Support

Please add Windows Media Center Extender functionality! (as we had with the 360)

12,321 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jared PickerellJared Pickerell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    mattmatt shared a merged idea: Just make a little bitty App for Xbox one to access Media Center  ·   · 
    Mark EisenbergMark Eisenberg shared a merged idea: Add WiFi control of Windows Media Center a la Ceton myMediaCenter  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Bring back media center!!  ·   · 
    jrjr shared a merged idea: Make XBox One as its own media center  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Being able to use XBMC as media center  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Media Center Extender  ·   · 
    LikeThePotentialLikeThePotential shared a merged idea: Make HD Home Run Prime a "Cable Box" Option  ·   · 

482 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andy LarkAndy Lark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to store my videos, pictures and music on a network attached storage and be able to access them from my xbox one like I could from my 360. I don't know if this is actually Media Centre or just DLNA client access etc. but the xbox one should be able to playback videos etc. from anywhere (local, DLNA server, Windows PC's)

• Shazad HussainShazad Hussain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Firstly, enable the OneGuide for the PC /Server with Multiple Live Tuner support and THEN allow the Xbox One to access these Networked Tuners via the Xbox OneGuide. Please also allow other mobile devices to access/stream via SmartGlass.

Hopefully this should make an Xbox TV Receiver a reality :)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Microsoft or Silicondust would build the plugin app for HDhomerun prime, I would buy it in a flash.

I too will not ever need to buy an Xbox One. When my Xbox 360 extenders die I'll just buy a 3rd party extender from Ceton or whoever. Why are you giving this money away Microsoft? If you add the extender functionality to Xbox One and make it only work with Windows 8.1 or 10, we will all upgrade our OS's (and maybe buy new HTPCs) AND also buy multiple Xbox Ones! I'm mean we WANT to give you our money... please let us!

As previous commented I have four xbox 360s and I will replace all of them immediately if I have Windows Media Center extender capabilities!!!! Jump on this Microsoft and up your sales instantly! Also why would you drop such a loved feature of Xbox? I can understand maybe offering Media center as an addon to Windows 8 and 8.1 but why drop the functionality from your new Xbox? It just doesn't make any sense and I bet it is fairly minor to correct as well.

Please reinstate this amazing feature asap.

A commited Microsoft and Xbox supporter
        Jon Mason

Ask previous commented I have four xbox 360s and I will replace all of them immediately if I have Windows Media Center extender capabilities!!!! Jump on this Microsoft and up your sales instantly! Also why would you drop such a loved feature of Xbox? I can understand maybe offering Media center as an addon to Windows 8 and 8.1 but why drop the functionality from your new Xbox? It just doesn't make any sense and I bet it is fairly minor to correct as well.

Please reinstate this amazing feature asap.

A commited Microsoft and Xbox supporter
        Jon Mason

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I own two Xbox 360s and want media center extender capabilities in Xbox One. I haven't upgraded to Xbox One for this reason.

• Scott McCollumScott McCollum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even if there was no option to leverage the Xbox One's local hard drive as a DVR, adding this feature would be a boon to cable TV operators to offer a cloud DVR app specifically for Xbox One owners ("Record up to 10 hours of TV for your Xbox One for only $5 per month or unlimited storage for only $5 more!").

I'd replace both of my Xbox 360s with Xbox Ones tomorrow if that was available.

• Scott McCollumScott McCollum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Microsoft announced a Media Center Extender app for Xbox One on a Tuesday morning, I'd buy two Xbox One bundles at the nearest local retailer that afternoon to replace both of my Xbox 360s to watch TV (from my CableCARD-based HTPC) by dinner that evening... then I'll donate those Xbox 360s and all my games to an orphanage in Africa.

To recap: All Microsoft has to do to enable buying local, donating to African orphans and closing the technology gap for the underprivileged is release a Windows Media Center Extender app for Xbox One.

Your move, Microsoft...

My 4 xbox 360's (and multiple Win 7 / 8 PCs) all access content from my MCE box (and Windows Home Server). It's a shame that my wife laments that the Xbox One in the living room is one of the least used devices we own. An MCE app on the Xbox One would rocket it up to number one used device.

• Eddie ThompsonEddie Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm running three xbox 360's as extenders and would like to use my new Xbox one for TV. Also, I would buy another XB1 for TV. Tell someone to listen to use and stop ignoring us!

My wife wanted to purchase an XBOX One to replace our XBOX 360 for Christmas for the kids as the XBOX one games have better reviews. Unfortunately as we use the XBOX 360 as a Media extender to play back recorded TV we are unable to replace it. Surely MS it can't be difficult to make the XBOX one a Media center extender. I'm willing to pay for this additional functionality!

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would not buy this product if it was not a Windows Media Center Extender.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25

Feedback and Knowledge Base