Tell us your idea!

Media Center Extender Support

Please add Windows Media Center Extender functionality! (as we had with the 360)

12,968 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jared PickerellJared Pickerell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    mattmatt shared a merged idea: Just make a little bitty App for Xbox one to access Media Center  ·   · 
    Mark EisenbergMark Eisenberg shared a merged idea: Add WiFi control of Windows Media Center a la Ceton myMediaCenter  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Bring back media center!!  ·   · 
    jrjr shared a merged idea: Make XBox One as its own media center  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Being able to use XBMC as media center  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Media Center Extender  ·   · 
    LikeThePotentialLikeThePotential shared a merged idea: Make HD Home Run Prime a "Cable Box" Option  ·   · 

521 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just pulled the Xbox one off my Christmas list when I found this out. Complete deal breaker! I know 3 people that don't even game, that purchased 360's just because it's such a great media center extender. You say you want to be a living room media/entertainment hub, and then you pull the media center? I am just blown away at how stupid it was to take that out.

I have 4 xbox 360's in my house that I would replace with the Xbox one, if it had the extender function. I have a 6 tuner card in a PC that we use for our main DVR. TO MICROSOFT: I am trying to hand you money for your products! Please bring back the native extender support you had in the xbox 360.

Just opened my xbox one strongly considering sending it back. was hoping the dlna functionality would be acceptable but it is not. Half the channels get no video. 360 hd streams fine from same network connection. what a joke.

• David GettersDavid Getters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Truly a step backwards for us, the consumer. I'll guarantee the lack of XB1's media extender functionality in the same fashion of the XBOX 360 has to do with some deal with the TV providers (Comcast, Time Warner Cable, etc.) -- since they don't get our money when we dont rent stupid boxes from them.

• ChaseChase commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like the voices of many... I'll happily buy a piece of equipment that I don't need (since my 360 works fine) as soon as native streaming of as a MCE is available.

• IgorIgor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was about to exchange my 360 for an Xbox one, but when found out this feature is not enabled, cancelled the order. If this feature is added, I will re-consider.

• SeanSean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is the simple service not included on the "upgraded' xbox one? What a joke

• Dan CooperDan Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this a joke? How is this not enabled? It's super easy software. My 5 Xbox 360's are ready to be replaced. I want to replace with Xbox One's but WILL NOT if there is not Media Center Extender capability.
        Don't you WANT to be better than PS4?

I wonder exactly why Microsoft is both avoiding this and stopping outsiders from making it happen. Is it possible that big cable companies or electronic manufacturers are causing this fiasco?

• Peter carlePeter carle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft - My 360 units are getting old but i would replace them in a heartbeat IF you would add extender capability to the xbox one.

So amazing. Microsoft does not respond to the highest requested idea. I am with Jdubalya. I just got my Xbox one last night. Learned of the lack of media center support. I am speechless. Probably going to return my console to Costco. HOW CAN MS CLAIM THIS CONSOLE IS MEDIA-CENTRIC WHEN IT CAN'T PLAY FILES CREATED IN WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER. I am disappointed.

I will buy four xbox one consoles to replace my four xbox 360 consoles once you enable media center extender capability.

• JdubalyaJdubalya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just purchased a Xbox one and was very upset to see that MCE did not exist.
        I will be returning it and going back to a PC. If MS brings back MCE, I will repurchase.

• John YokimJohn Yokim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox 360 gets the lion share of the usage in my house due to the lack of MCE support in Xbox One. Would likely buy 2-3 more Xbox Ones if it natively support MCE.

• Ken TannerKen Tanner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Over the years I’ve purchased 7 xboxes, three original Xboxes and four Xbox 360’s (two of which include Kinect). While I used them initially for gaming my use change significantly as an entertainment device primarily as a MCE, for Windows Media Center. I know there are hacks for running MCE in XB1 but Microsoft doesn’t support it natively, like it does on Xbox 360. How unfortunate! The day MSFT supports MCE on Xbox One is the day I purchase one or two.

Given the number of votes here I can't believe this is still "under review"?!?!?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27

Feedback and Knowledge Base