Tell us your idea!

Make HD Home Run Prime a "Cable Box" Option

For XBOX TV - You should implement support for the HD Homerun Prime by silicon dust. My recommendation (requires DLNA and DTCP-IP support for premium content) is that you can select it as a cable box. When selected, in conjunction with the cable provider and location, it would "Tune" to that particular stream on an open network tuner so it would work completely internally without requiring a cable box or other item to be plugged into the HDMI pass-through.

1,308 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LikeThePotentialLikeThePotential shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can it be as simple as putting Windows Media Center right on the XB1? Since WMC sees the HDHomeRun as a tuner allowing XB1 to just run WMC would allow for Live TV & DVR on XB1.

• martinmartin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this plus DVR functionality with archiving to a NAS would get me to upgrade my 4 360's to XB1's. otherwise, it can't do what I need for a home entertainment hub.

Will be in the market for a new console soon. If there is no support for a network tuner OR Windows Media Center, I will be buying another Xbox 360 rather than an Xbox One.

• Greg HowardGreg Howard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh god yes. HDHomeRun puts the streams right on the local network (MPEG2 streams using UPnP, I think?). This is probably the most popular CableCard tuner for those who don't have a cable box.

This! Why do I need another box? Currently my Samsung TV is able to pick-up signals from my silicondust tuner, but it's not a great solution (bad UI, slow, hard to use). It seems like all of the pieces are there.

Feedback and Knowledge Base