Tell us your idea!

Allow DVR functionality to record TV shows

Allow the ability to record, pause, rewind shows on TV.

331 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    IshIsh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Scott ObowaScott Obowa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It needs to essentially act as a TiVo box that's always on with EPG service when connected to a networked multi-channel tuner like the HDHomeRun Prime. It also needs to allow external eSATA storage options - but not limited to a single WD DVR extender device like TiVo.
        Connection to other networked head end devices like a TiVo Mini or an XBox 360 with streaming and EPG would be awesome.

• Rob DymondRob Dymond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

See the Media Center request. DVR functionality could get me to finally leave behind my Media PC. But I also need a picture screen saver, access to local video and music libraries, etc... basically everything the 360 Media Center Extender does, with a picture screen saver similar to Windows Media Center or Apple TV.

• peterpeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would love the ability to turn my xbox one into a dvr that i can see my library in xbox video

• KeitmKeitm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to pause, rewind and fast forward is a good idea. The recording part not so much, when one has to consider that recording television shows requires a second hard drive that has seventy two hundred revolutions per minute and it does not have an operating system running on it nor running any programs or applications.

Feedback and Knowledge Base